finishing a bathroom built in cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. First post this but I've been lurking reading posts since I bought my first house 6 months ago and have been trying my hand at some DIY

I have had my bathroom moved around and as a result needed to extend out a fitted bathroom cupboard housing my boiler so that it would be flush with by bath.

Because of space constraints in the bathroom there is a gap in the timber down the right hand side so that the bath can fit in and as a result I need to put like a covering over the wood and annoyingly I dont really know what to do with it. I've looked around DIY stores and cant find something really thin to cover it up esp as nothing is to a standard width on the timber. It doesnt help that I have no idea what this stuff could be called. Its starting to annoy me now as I did the hard stuff and I'm getting stuck with the finishing.

Could someone point me in the right direction so that I can get a nice finish on this cupboard.

As I'm pretty sure the description of what I am trying to do is poor here are some pictures of what it looks like atm. Basically I need to cover up the pine frame so I can then paint over it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/rhintintin/cupb2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/rhintintin/cupb.jpg

(images are a bit big I'm afraid, you might need to zoom out on your browser)

Cheers

rhintintin

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, you should have extended the cup'd beyond the bath, it will look pants left flush.
Remove those tatty doors and cut new mdf frame overlaying the existing and fit flush mdf door or doors with a touch latch if you want a smooth flush finish.
Or if you can find suitable sized door add a timber frame and fit a door, blank off base and fit vent there so you don't have a vent in the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back