finlock gutters - painting underside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I have finlock gutters which have been lined with one piece aluminium liner - which seems to have cured all my problems etc

Just wondering if you can paint the underside of the gutters to improve appearance / water proofness etc

If so what paint can I use?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had finlock gutters myself last year, and i for many years debated getting them replaced, as in the end they just became a unnecessary hassle for me. I decided to get the replaced, rang through a few companies trent valley fascias and Finlock Solutions ltd ended up being the two on top... Decided to choose Finlock, great job my neighbour had theres done by Trent Valley, that job also looked fab, however there was some hassel with some of the fitters and it took them 3 times to come back out to mend some errors. Finlock did a equally good job, thankfully no hassel with fitters, only the skip was picked up a day late, but they fitted the job great! Also had a follow up call making sure everything was ok, so the edge goes to Finlock.

I had finlock gutters myself last year, and i for many years debated getting them replaced, as in the end they just became a unnecessary hassle for me. I decided to get the replaced, rang through a few companies trent valley fascias and Finlock Solutions ltd ended up being the two on top... Decided to choose Finlock, great job my neighbour had theres done by Trent Valley, that job also looked fab, however there was some hassel with some of the fitters and it took them 3 times to come back out to mend some errors. Finlock did a equally good job, thankfully no hassel with fitters, only the skip was picked up a day late, but they fitted the job great! Also had a follow up call making sure everything was ok, so the edge goes to Finlock.
thanks for info - but already had mine lined with a one piece aluminium liner which has worked really well - hence why I was only asking about underside as not issues with gutters themselves now

painted with masonry paint as suggested - look great now

Sponsored Links
Go easy - it might be Charlie Bronson`s brother :eek:

Hi Wingers,

I am thinking of doing what you have done as replacing seems too expensive for no real gain. I have a couple of questions though.

Firstly, how much did it cost to line the gutters (if you don't mind disclosing) and who did the work?

Secondly, Did you paint the gutter underside gloss black or otherwise?

Cheers.

Hi Wingers,

I am thinking of doing what you have done as replacing seems too expensive for no real gain. I have a couple of questions though.

Firstly, how much did it cost to line the gutters (if you don't mind disclosing) and who did the work?

Cheers.

It could be approx. £1500 to have them lined with one piece aluminium liner

The work was done my A1 Installations - and they did a very good job

Yes I painted the underside of the gutter using a long life black masonry weather protection paint

Hi Wingers,

Cheers.

It could be approx. £1500 to have them lined with one piece aluminium liner

The work was done my A1 Installations - and they did a very good job

Yes I painted the underside of the gutter using a long life black masonry weather protection paint

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Could someone knowledgeable about Finlock gutters tell me if:

1) painting them as the OP has done is part of maintaining these gutters or were they designed to be maintenance free in this respect?
2) are there any advantages to painting them other than perhaps making them look better. There are some properties in my street which have never been touched. However, once you start painting them you have to keep doing them as the paint eventually peals off and they look more unsightly than the ones that have not been done.
3) anyone know if the company that made them are still around?

I'm talking about painting the underside here and most of the front. I say most of the front as they have a continuous metal liner which laps about 2 cm over the front.

Thanks

Last edited:
The aluminium liners only line the gutter profile and do not go up under the tiles/felt so they aren't bulletproof when it comes to water ingress.

Painting the underside is purely for making them look nicer.

Thank you for your reply MW Roofline.

So painting them periodically would not be considered necessary as part of a regular maintenance program?

I had finlock gutters myself last year,

Thanks for joining and making your first post one which praises, in some detail, a company which was only recently formed :rolleyes:

Exactly my thoughts and he joined in 2013.
If he is connected to one company its poor form criticising the other.........there's certainly a whiff of BS here in Cheshire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back