Fire Angel or AICO?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats best..... AICO fire alarms or the wireless Fire angel items? Anyone had any experience of both at all?

Sponsored Links
I have fitted the Aico alarms with rechargeable battery backup in my own home, as they are one of the few manufacturer's to offer a full range that includes interlinkable CO, ionisation smoke, photoelectric smoke and heat detectors.

I would stay well away from anything wireless. They probably work, but wireless is inevitably more expensive, and wireless in general tends to be a world of troubles.

Cheers mate,
Did you fit the locater switch also and any in bedrooms?

Sorry I meant alarms in bedrooms, as building regs dont require it, but was thinkin of doing so anyway.

Sponsored Links
Cheers mate,
Did you fit the locater switch also and any in bedrooms?

I have ionisation detectors in two downstairs bedrooms and the living room, photoelectric in two hallways and on landing, and heat detectors in kitchen and garage. There's also CO detectors in the garage and living room. I figure it makes sense to fit detectors in as many bedrooms as possible given the tendency of women to leave their hair straighteners plugged in!

I didn't fit the locator switch as I wasn't aware it existed at the time, although it's something I might consider in the future.

That said, better choice of detector type for each location seems to have all but eradicated the false alarms that were commonplace with the old el-cheapo battery powered alarms.

I fit Aico every time. Very installer friendly, they look good, and I'm not aware of any of my customers ever having had problems with them.

You are supposed to vent for CO, and close doors to contain fire, but I think the priority really is being woken up and getting the hell out of the house. You have plenty of time to work out what course of action to take in the relative safety of out side in fresh air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back