Fire door casing

It will fit 30 inch door. Opening is 700mm.

30" is not 700mm its 762mm

I thought fire doors come in 45mm thickness compared to normal 35mm?

You can get 35mm fire doors. you only really need FD 20 but FD30 are more common.

But the reduction I referred to was in the width. Fire doors can't be reduced much, so if you have a narrow or non-standard opening it may limit what doors are available to fit that frame

Sponsored Links
30" is not 700mm its 762mm

You can get 35mm fire doors. you only really need FD 20 but FD30 are more common.

But the reduction I referred to was in the width. Fire doors can't be reduced much, so if you have a narrow or non-standard opening it may limit what doors are available to fit that frame

My mistake. Opening is 762. I was referring to 700mm from built in stops which is effectively width to get stuff in and out.

One more question. I have built the frames exactly to 762mm opening. You think it would be wiser to do the remaining 3 at 10mm wider so 30 inch door wouldn't require any trimming?

Fire door sets should have no more than 3mm gaps to sides and top.

If your BCO is up to speed he will be looking at the door set closely for compliance, or he may require independent certification.

Sponsored Links
So the structural opening is wrong for the frame and the frame isn't the correct width for a 762mm wide door anyway :!: A fire door set for a 762mm door would be the correct width opening in the frame allowing for clearance around the door leaf.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back