Fire door to garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we live in a bungalow with integral garage, the garage floor is the same height as the rest of the bungalow with a ramp up to the outside door. I want to cut an internal door to the garage, can this be done using a 100mms threshold and is it notifiable. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm currently looking to do the same thing in a new build by adding a door between hallway and garage. I understand that I need to have an FD30 rated doorset with a self closer, however would like to seek some advice regarding the requirements for a threshold. In my case the garage floor is at the same level as the rest of the house and there is no fall present towards the up and over garage door. My initial interpretation after reading approved part B is that a 100mm threshold could be constructed between the hallway and garage to meet the requirements, it seems from what has already been mentioned above that there is some agreement with this? If so how do you usually go about creating the threshold? I assume that this would mean that the FD30 doorset would need to be fitted 100mm higher than any other doorframes in the hallway, are there any alternative ways to meet the requirements in this situation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back