1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Firebird Combi enviromax c20 Riello Control Box, 535 SE / LD lockout

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Stevie187, 14 Jan 2020 at 8:30 PM.

1. Stevie187

Stevie187

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I have been fixing a few problems with the above boiler for a while now so far they have been easy fixes, motor start cap, photo sensor etc. This one is starting to frustrate me though. So I get a random lockout after minutes hours of running as far as I'm aware the 535se/LD doesn't give much diagnostic information out when it locks out? So following the diagnostic flow it's check motor 50 volt to white wire, check solenoid, check photocell(replaced recently) then replace control box!

I haven't check any of the above yet what are my chances of catching these if it's an intermittent problem? I would have liked a bit more diagnostic information but I guess it's a few years old now. Anyone got any pearls of wisdom for this old boiler before I start my troubleshooting journey?

Thanks

Steve

2. Sponsored Links
  3. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does it lock out with increasing frequency after the first reset?

4. Stevie187

Stevie187

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply muggles just caught the lockout in action and it seems to be a previous problem not resolved. It locks out trying to spin the motor up I thought I had fixed this with replacement cap. Granted it was cheapo of equivalent spec but wouldn't think it would have failed that quick, it had seemed to have fixed it for a few weeks. Either that I suppose or motor is on its way out? Somebody mentioned take the pump assembly off and check the movement on the shaft.

5. Terrywookfit

Terrywookfit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes check oil pump shaft foŕ tight spots. Also drive dog.

6. Stevie187

Stevie187

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Terry, Check the pump or the motor? So the drive dog is the plastic coupling between the motor and the pump right?

7. Sponsored Links
  8. Terrywookfit

Terrywookfit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes the pump shaft. Slowly turn it and feel for any tight spots.
    Yes plastic dog.
    Did you fit correct uf cap.

9. Stevie187

Stevie187

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah it was 4.5uf like the original but it was an unbranded cheap one, which was weird as that seemed to fix it for a while and then slowly it came back not unless a fresh cap gave it a bit of a boost to get going for w while. I have noticed it seems to run for longer when it's cold, it could be though it's cycling less and just fully on more.

10. Stevie187

Stevie187

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Also the other problem has come back the CH pump now doesn't run, the DHW is constantly running I think there a problem with the flow detector thermistor.

11. Stevie187

Stevie187

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I unplug the thermistor turn it on and the lights flash to say it's detected a problem, turn it off plug it back in and it's fine for a while. I'm going to get somebody out but fear they will try and say a new boiler.

Sponsored Links