Firebird Enviromax condensate pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Firebird Enviromax sooting up every time it is serviced/ cleaned . Could it be (if nothing else has changed) that the condensate pump is faulty of broke? Does the con pump run off the return voltage from the motor (RDB 2.2) or 240v ?
Would this situation cause firing for a short time and heaving sooting?
Pump setting and nozzle are correct.

Sponsored Links
power to the condensate pump is 230v and is live when there is power sent to fire the burner.
the condensate pumps can block and stick but can be stripped apart cleaned and they will work fine again. The flue ways on these need to be thoroughly cleaned with plenty of liquid cleaner(DUAL X) or they have a tendancy to block the pump

power to the condensate pump is 230v and is live when there is power sent to fire the burner.
the condensate pumps can block and stick but can be stripped apart cleaned and they will work fine again. The flue ways on these need to be thoroughly cleaned with plenty of liquid cleaner(DUAL X) or they have a tendancy to block the pump
So is this a common problem on this firebird as I have encountered this before but on that occasion didn't solve the problem? The condensate trap seems very poor and in a bad position for heat damage, forcing the use of the firebird pump to clear the condensate! Seems to be now a stainless steel trap on the market?

Sponsored Links
I service over 30 of this model with plastic traps and have no problems. But it does require them to be cleaned properly and the trap put back on correctly along with the baffle plate the correct way round or the trap can melt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back