Fireworks...

I

imamartian

Apparently Sydney in Aus spent $3million on fireworks... anyone feel that that's a tad obscene? i can think of a lot of ways that money could be better spent !!!

Sponsored Links
Anything spent on fireworks is obscene when things like education/health etc are facing huge cut backs.

Australian dollars?
That's about £127.39p in 'real' money.

Should've spent it on canoes!

Their economy can easily afford that however it has taken a bit of a 'dip' at the moment.

So far they have had a really bad time with..
Droughts
Bush fires
Floods
Cricket

So what the hell, blow it on a couple of bangers. :)

Sponsored Links
The event attracts more and more visitors each year from around the globe. I priced up going there for Christmas and new year. :eek: New Year tourism revenue must be millions.

I was there a while back, the New Year's display is fantastic. They still have a sense of civic pride and community over there; it was all knocked out of us here by that dreadful Thatcher woman.

I was there a while back, the New Year's display is fantastic. They still have a sense of civic pride and community over there; it was all knocked out of us here by that dreadful Thatcher woman.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Never :mrgreen: we have care in the community and we sunk the belgiano :idea: Rule Britannia brittania rules ..................er......................F*** All :LOL:

Compare that with the Olympics in 2012 and it looks like beer money. Cheap advertising in comparison.

Sponsored Links
Back