smell the ash?

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
The earth is actually in a cool phase at the moment.

Cool? From a dinosaur's point of view it would be freezing!. Imagine that some alien had taken a dinosaur home, got bored with it then decided to bring it back now. (Forward time travel does work.) What would the poor creature think? Would it be "It's a bit warm around here. :confused: " or would it take one look at Antarctica and say "B****y hell! Where's the effing forest gone? :eek: :eek: :eek: "

Does this mean that dinosaurs burnt so much fossil fuel that the ice caps melted? Or maybe, just maybe, it's the way our planet works. :idea: Now I'm not saying that we aren't making any difference by digging up all that stuff that was once alive and returning its carbon to the biosphere. By all means let's try to minimize our impact. Just don't be too surprized if it doesn't work.

joe-90 said:
The earth is actually in a cool phase at the moment.

Cool? From a dinosaur's point of view it would be freezing!. Imagine that some alien had taken a dinosaur home, got bored with it then decided to bring it back now. (Forward time travel does work.) What would the poor creature think? Would it be "It's a bit warm around here. :confused: " or would it take one look at Antarctica and say "B****y hell! Where's the effing forest gone? :eek: :eek: :eek: "

Does this mean that dinosaurs burnt so much fossil fuel that the ice caps melted? Or maybe, just maybe, it's the way our planet works. :idea: Now I'm not saying that we aren't making any difference by digging up all that stuff that was once alive and returning its carbon to the biosphere. By all means let's try to minimize our impact. Just don't be too surprized if it doesn't work.

I'm sure you've heard of Pangaea.

Sponsored Links
Didn't their guitarist get shot on stage?

I dont get it. I cant smell ash, I cant see ash, yet flights to and from Doncaster Robin Hood are suspended until further notice. :confused: Is there really big chunks of volcano floating about in the sky like chinese lanterns? If its just dust one would think the planes could cope with this (burning it up in the engines etc)

the fins on the jet engines have small holes for cooling.
the glass in the dust remelts and blocks the holes and the fins then overheat and warp etc..

I don't get it. When I do some work like angle grinding than ends up with a load of airborne dust, I spray some water up in the air and it settles the dust quickly. So how come we're not doing this here. Or better still, can't we cover the whole area with some dust blankets :idea: :LOL: :LOL:

it's in the jet stream.. above the clouds, so even if it rains it won't get all of it down.. but when it does rain, there'll be a layer of grey dust over everything.

it's in the jet stream.. above the clouds, so even if it rains it won't get all of it down.. but when it does rain, there'll be a layer of grey dust over everything.
Must invest in some car wash companies then ;)

Sponsored Links
Back