First attempt at mosaics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tiling the cloakroom, fully tiled to above the basin in brick bond 400 * 150 wall tiles but above the basin she wants a mosaic area (glass) almost up to the ceiling. No border of the standard tiles around the mosaic.

Now I consider myself a reasonably competent tiler but have not used mosaics before.

- Looks like I will need to put battens on the wall to use the dog tooth method or is there a board available that I could use instead?

- how do I avoid them sagging - have seen links to mosaic mesh, is this easy to use? or not necessary a all?

Am also going to try mitering the external corners - two new challenges on one job.

Sponsored Links
Some more information

Mosaic is actually 1mm thinner than the tiles.

Tiles are actually 500X200 and have a surface texture which means they have to be wet cut . . .

She said she bought bigger tiles so they would go on faster . . . . . . . . . . .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back