First fix gas pipe question 1998 Beazer Homes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a two storey detached 1998 Beazer Home with an integral garage since changed into an office, utility room and toilet obscuring the plumbing behind the plasterwork,

what path would you expect the gas pipe to take from the garage outside wall meter to the free standing fire in the lounge ?

IMG_3150.JPG

Thank you
Ray

Sponsored Links
The floors are solid ... like a soft concrete, mainly covered in marble tiles and click wooden flooring.

Sponsored Links
Where does the outlet pipe from the meter go? Up the wall or down? Or both? Are the floors concrete block and beam with screed on top?

Gas pipe could go anywhere but usually in screed as fitters would not be on site at block n beam stage.

In one of the neighbouring garages in a slightly different house the gas pipe travels horizontally at waist height to the end of the garage then goes up through the ceiling.

Probably up and over, under the upstairs floor.

Someone who worked on the site told me the pipe would be buried in the screed and I assumed it was until yesterday when I checked the wall with a Bosch PMD sensor prior to drilling for a TV support ... there is a distinct vertical signal all way up the wall about 500mm to the right.

DIYNot1.JPEG

The other interest in where it goes is to be able to shorten it back at some point rather than having a loaded pipe running thro the house for no reason.

The other interest in where it goes is to be able to shorten it back at some point rather than having a loaded pipe running thro the house for no reason.

Then it's a case of "pin the tail on the donkey". As a gas fitter, I would prefer not to run a pipe horizontally along a wall... But then again, I am self employed and not under the direction of a housing development firm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back