First John Noakes....

Sponsored Links
it tragically shows how dangerous these events can be, perhaps they may ban the event now?

what's the john noakes link with this?

what's the john noakes link with this?
Maybe I'm showing my age. John Noakes presented Blue Peter kids' program many years ago. He once went down a bobsleigh run with the England bobsleigh team, but fell off and got a huge bruise.

such a shame. tragic lose of life,

iirc didnt john noakes have an accident in a toboggan while filming blue peter??

Sponsored Links
Maybe I'm showing my age. John Noakes presented Blue Peter kids' program many years ago. He once went down a bobsleigh run with the England bobsleigh team, but fell off and got a huge bruise.
Oh i was thinking he'd been badly injured recently

he was a real daredevil true boys hero stuff.

cleared off into the med on his boat oddly :confused:

Just read the link, what a waste of a young life.
Sure is. The question is, is this a sport or a dangerous pastime (akin to rockclimbing without ropes, bungee jumping etc etc)? In which case, is it really suitable for a mainstream sporting event?

The question is, is this a sport or a dangerous pastime (akin to rockclimbing without ropes, bungee jumping etc etc)? In which case, is it really suitable for a mainstream sporting event?

Depends on how you view it, Lawn bowls is the sport in which competitors are most likely to die, due to their age.

Sponsored Links