Expensive expenses

He uses software to work it out - it's a doddle. Not a real job at all.

Sponsored Links
Come on Joe, humour me.

Stop whinging and tell us what you find a reasonable rate for a structural engineer and a heating engineer.

Not claiming that either of us is good as his job, just give us what you think is fair for GOOD engineers. Think of somebody else if you want. Well trained, certified and all, can solve any problems in his line of work.

Structural engineer £45. Boiler fixer £30.

Sponsored Links
I would say a reasonable rate is £4-5 an hour?

Is your name Joe? :D

Does that mean that you accept an unreasonable salary from your boss? Or is this not the Tim who said he was earning nicely?
Or is it not true that you are an electrical engineer?

:D just think how much work would come back to these shores if we were all on that sort of wage :idea: :idea: :idea:

You told us in the past that you charge your clients £250 per hour and the same for travelling. What a rip off. Gimme an MP any day.
I do think that you might be suffering from a touch of false memory syndrome.

:D just think how much work would come back to these shores if we were all on that sort of wage :idea: :idea: :idea:

Let's think about everybody working for £4 an hour.
How much work would come this way?
The question is: what kind of work would come this way?

Weaving cheap clothes for Nike.
Producing raw materials.
Apple picking.
Ditch digging.

Not a whole lot more, coz every good engineer, decent engineer, and half-decent engineer would have emigrated.
Doctors, dentists and employers would not enjoy living in cold, dark hovels, so they would run too.

That leaves a population working long, hard hours with poor housing, no healthcare, and no prospects. They would occasionally stare up, and watch the private planes and helicopters bringing in the elite.
Let’s think about Rhodesia 100 years ago; would I like to turn England into something like that?
Where we are all working long and hard to satisfy the elite from abroad, and be really equal to everybody else amongst my peers?

It depends how equal I would be; if I was one of the very equal, I would not mind I guess.

He wants you to do some calcs for him. He needs to know if a 254 x 146 x 43 UB is within acceptable tolerances to support the chip on his shoulder.
:LOL: :LOL:

and then dear old well-balanced Guiseppe said:
Would you know what data to input, whether the answer coming out was the right one, be aware of the limitations and assumptions made in either the input or the software? No, wouldn't have a clue, would you.

Damn, am I nearly biting again.... :LOL:

Would you know what data to input, whether the answer coming out was the right one, be aware of the limitations and assumptions made in either the input or the software? No, wouldn't have a clue, would you.
I can't get my head around MS paint either :eek:

I can't get my head around MS paint either :eek:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Of course not.
It is not meant to calculate bending moment capacity

:p

Sponsored Links
Back