Expensive expenses

No, I made the fatal error a long time ago of biting at something he posted re money and he was away. He likes to return to those times on occasion. He's rather like a fart in a wetsuit over such things.

But, he's got enough balls to post vids of himself on YouyaTube playing the geetarr and singing (of a fashion), so he's ok, really.

For a tw@t that is... lol :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ah, a musician.

If he is half decent, I will be gentle with him.
Musicians, like all artists, should be treated leniently. imho

MPs earn around £25 per hour. Shyster charges 10 times that amount - yet pays no tax. If that's not a fiddle then I don't know what is.
I'm intrigued to know how you make these quantum leaps in your head my ol' cocker.

Sponsored Links
Considering they have 130-odd days holiday coming up, I guess their hourly rate is actually somewhat higher than that suggested somewhat disingenuously by Guiseppe

I am wondering now what would be a reasonable or better a good hourly rate be for a structural engineer according to Joe.
Or a gas/electrical engineer.
Or a thermotechnical engineer

What's a gas engineer? Degree qualified or just a boiler fitter?

That was a bit elitist Joe...

Not entirely, to be totally fair to him.
Some one whose skill stops at being able to fling a boiler on the wall, and tie a knot in the gaspipe is a fair bit away from being a heating engineer.

To name a few differences.

ge will be able to tell you in advance what the flow/pressure is at the inlet of a particular boiler connected to a particular pipe.
ge will be able to work out ventilation requirements for old fashioned boilers.
ge will/should be electrically qualified in order to be able to safely and reliably install controls.
ge will have working understanding of electronics in order to be able to diagnose and remedy faults.
ge will be able to calculate/design heat losses/requirements for any building in any location and any conditions to such a degree that the space will warm up fast enough without wasting energy/money and space for installation and gasuse.

Then there is the working knowledge of physics, chemistry and a few other bits and pieces, that set him apart from a boilerfitter, who will know how to screw the parts to the wall and connect them to the pipes safely, but not much more.

You are not an engineer unless you are degree qualified.

Actually, Joe, there are plenty of "proper" (CEng/IEng) engineers about (not washing machine ones and others of that ilk) who are professionally qualified and do not have degrees.

Sponsored Links
Back