Expensive expenses

Shyster: Belongs to a money-spinning cartel. Just a common fiddler really.

What's your hourly rate?

Sponsored Links
**** me, I've just had a deja vu moment....

What is the relevance of what my hourly rate is, to that of the MPs fiddling?

Just carry on ripping off pensioners for £250 per hour. How do you sleep? Bet you were a public schoolboy.

You can only be ripped off if you regard the value of service or goods to be worth considerably less than what you are expected to pay.

Why should a clients age (pensioner) make them any more or less vulnerable?

So long as a professionals hourly rate is laid out in full, prior to any engagement then ones ability to pay said fees is irrelevant. You either accept and pay or go elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
What is the relevance of what my hourly rate is, to that of the MPs fiddling?

Joe is jealous.

Rightly so.

There are uneducated morons out there licking shop windows, simply wishing they could afford whats on the other side.

So long as there is wealth/money/class, then there will always be jealousy.

Was Don Henley actually referring to HoP in "Garden of Allah"?

Today I made an appearance downtown
I am an expert witness because I say I am
And I said gentlemen, and I use that world loosely,
I will testify for you, I'm a gun for hire,I'm a saint, I'm a liar
Because there are no facts, there is no truth
Just data to be manipulated
I can get you any result you like
What's it worth to you?
Because there is no wrong, there is no right
And I sleep very well at night
No shame, no solution, no remorse, no retribution
Just people selling t-shirts
Just opportunity to participate in the pathetic little circus
and winning, winning, winning

Put thissun up on Youyatube, Joseph :)

MPs are following the guidelines too ...
No they were not.

I have posted the link to the official government publication, and highlighted several examples where the rules not guidelines, were very clearly breached.

Expenses must be necessary to be able to do the job.
Value for money must be assured.

The latest discovery today:

£8800, yes, nearly ninethousand quid, for a ......... television

Arguable necessity, and not exactly value for money.

Just why would any tv be a reaso purchase for a politico?

Ooi, at my previous place, we bought a small portable tv for the office, for the sole purpose of watching drain cctv scans. There was no aerial on the building, no real mechanism for watching tv. But IR disallowed it as a biz expense.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit, but you could find some reason in keeping up with current affairs, and watching the parliament channel being necessary for an mp. Or at least useful.
Thin ice, granted, but you could argue it.

8800 quid??? :eek:
For a tv?
I didn't even know they existed that expensive. :eek:

£50 for the telly from currys £8750 for the extra three years warranty

Outrageous, how else were you expected to view a video tape?

And on what grounds could they turn it down? I have known far more ambiguous claims get through. :confused:
The point that Hector made was that, as it had an aerial soclet on the back, we *could* watch tv on it, if we so chose, ergo it was not amply demonstrated that it was used wholly in connection with employment. Ditto the video player, on which we *could* play non-drain type vids.

I did point out to Hector that I had a van outside with shovels and other tools contained therein that I *could* take home and use to dig over my garden, thus I was unable to demonstrate that those tools too were wholly used for work. He was not persuaded by my sarcasm.

In fact, so not persuaded and so not enamoured of my low form of wit was he, that he smacked us for a £17k non-compliance bill (which, by many subsequent hours of judicious jackanory, I managed to get reduced to £1.7k).

MPs earn around £25 per hour. Shyster charges 10 times that amount - yet pays no tax. If that's not a fiddle then I don't know what is.

Sponsored Links
Back