Expensive expenses

MPs earn around £25 per hour. Shyster charges 10 times that amount - yet pays no tax. If that's not a fiddle then I don't know what is.

Crikey Shy, any chance you could tell us how you get away with it?

Nudge nudge an all that. ;)

Sponsored Links
If I was blessed with such a talent, I would have no hesitation in passing it on.

Unfortunately, I am not.... :cry:

You are not an engineer unless you are degree qualified.

Just to make sure it is not my bias talking, I checked dictionary and encyclopedia; there is a variety of engineers recognised without a formal degree.

Sponsored Links
Peter Kenyon, a member of Labour's national executive committee, said,
"Three types of transgression - possible fraud, MPs playing the property market for personal gain, and extravagant and unjustifiable claims for goods and services - had been identified."

TRANSGRESSIONS? ? ?

1) Possible Fraud = THIEVING

2) MPs playing the property market for personal gain = THIEVING

3) Extavagant and unjustifiable claims for goods and services = THIEVING

There should be a ruddy long queue outside the courts, all waiting to be done, and no legal aid for them.

MPs earn around £25 per hour.
They receive - I won't say earn - around £64k basic a year. Given that something approaching 1/3 of them are known to have outside jobs too, that's £64k for something that is not even their sole employ.

Add to that the length of time of "parliamentary recesses" - holidays to us mere plebs - and your hourly rate calculations are looking a more than a bit awry, Guiseppe.

The scummers are waaaay overpaid.

Surely you can divide a daily rate by 8 Joe.

Just in case you will be kind enough to reveal what you would think is reasonable for me, as a heating engineer; if you would need my services for an hour, it would cost you £65, no vat or other cost added, apart from parking, town tax and materials used at normal retail (shop) price.

Now, now. :D

It is often quite a hard job explaining to people who have never had a business, that if they pay you £100, it does not mean you have earned £100.

I doubt there will be much point trying to do so here.

Do you mean what my company charges me out at, or what I take from it?

Either way, wtf has it got to do with you.
He wants you to do some calcs for him. He needs to know if a 254 x 146 x 43 UB is within acceptable tolerances to support the chip on his shoulder.

Sponsored Links
Back