First Post! - Boiler Controls Help Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

been doing some reading regarding boiler controls, but thought i better ask the direct question about my situation.

i have a combi boiler with a wired time switch (lots of wires, on one of the standard backplates) we either have the heating on or off, but it gets silly hot or really cold!

can i buy a programmable thermostat, swap it out with the time switch and be able to have the temperature at a certain temp and increase/decrease it when needed?

i did buy one last night from toolstation but it was a cheap £20 one that is realyl small and i think i need to take it back and swap it out with another.

can anyone point me to what i actually need and how i go about installing it?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sean

Sponsored Links
You don't need anything complicated.

All you need is a thermostat wired to break the circuit as necessary to
the thermostat switch in the boiler.

If it is getting really hot in the house start by turning the thermostat
of the boiler down.

Sponsored Links
right guys, the make and model

Biasi

Riva Compact HE
M96.24SM/C2

Why not just buy a RF Prog/Roomstat la? 5 Core heat resistant cable from your boiler to the receiver unit, connect the L,N,E to the boiler terminal, and the two other wires to where the room thermostat is to be connected on the boiler terminal............Job done!!
The Salus RF500 is a great wee unit.
HTH seanog la.

thanks Delta T2, i was going to go and swap the little unit i got for the Salus one :)

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hea...able+Room+Thermostat+Wired/d230/sd2732/p41715

with regard the wiring, LNE, would they correspond to the wires i already have going to the old unit? would i just tape the old wires up that i wont use?

the current one has alot more wires than LNE

and the manual for the salus has a L, SL, E only? just a bit confused with what wires i need to tape up and which i need to put to the new unit,

do they basically match like for like?

woo hoo! did it and im not dead!

great, all working fine :) really impressed with myself

(thanks to here and the internet in general)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back