first renovation help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
to get on property ladder me and partner have bought a 1930's bungelow thats in desperate need of renovation. roof is sagging. there are various flat roof extensions to property down one side. our plan is to extend and raise the roof by about 1m and make into a two storey. floor space of property is about 100m2.

however we have just dug down to look at footings and not sure if building regs will consider them good enough to build upwards.

if foundations are good how much will this roughly cost to do the roof and loft conversion.

and if property needs underpinning how much would that be?

i am admittedly a complete novice to renovation and have taken on something i'm not really sure of and just want a rough price to go on for when i get builders quotes.

Welcome to the forum, please read the forum rules

Sponsored Links
I`d rather have a full bottle in front o` me.....than a full frontal lobotomy

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
i should seek planning permission first.

Nice of you to help out Nose but I think she should be the one doing all the paperwork. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back