Fishing

S

Soggy_weetabix

Upon seeing a programme called the 'Deadliest Catch' on some discovery channel today I will never complain about de-sooting a boiler again.

Anyone seen it?

Now thats hard work!

David

Sponsored Links
Good fishing spots in Sheffield at the moment. Someone caught a big carp with their bare hands earlier, in the middle of meadowhall. Twas on the telly. :LOL:

Cor I cannot remember when I last went fishing

I do miss it

think I may try to find me tackle

and when I have done that I will get me fishing gear ;)

How they can make a series about crab fishing is beyond me.
Oooo how many are in the pot this time? Ah, not many. :(
How many this time? Lots. :D
This is repeated over and over and that's it.

Sponsored Links
Crafty said:
Good fishing spots in Sheffield at the moment. Someone caught a big carp with their bare hands earlier, in the middle of meadowhall. Twas on the telly. :LOL:

your neighbour?

Soggy_weetabix said:
Upon seeing a programme called the 'Deadliest Catch' on some discovery channel today I will never complain about de-sooting a boiler again.

Anyone seen it?

Now thats hard work!

David

A bit like a tarts g-string. Full of crabs :D

Seen the one yet where the guy goes overboard.

Yeah. He was lucky to get out wasnt he. 40 seconds in the Bearing sea and your chips - I think he was out in 12.

Not as lucky as the boat with a crew of 6 which caspized with only 1 survivor.

The programme might be ridiculed but that is a dangerous job and I admire those guys;

firstly...4 days with no kip
secondly...having to spend 20 hours a day smashing the ice off their boats when the daytime temp was 3 degrees. (Thats farenheit).

I thought makeral fishing was scary in rough sea's. Hehe

Mind you, a gasket on a Capricorn can be a pain but I stop work after being awake a maximum of 18 hours. Never at minus 19 degrees, centigrade and never jumping on pots just to grab that extra crab.

David

I thought deadliest catch was rubbish - then i watched it.

Great show! My job in a warehouse may be dull, but at least i'm not in 40ft seas hoiking crabs bigger than a cat out of freezing seas! :eek:

Sure, they get paid a crapload but I wouldn't do it for twice that!

btw: yes, i am a soft lad! :LOL:

when you get your chipshop, youll be depending on them.

I've never understood why they don't farm these things...

it can't be that hard to make high pressure tanks to grow them in..

and at something like 6 million up for grabs each season then it's gotta be worth a go..

Sponsored Links
Back