Fit Cooke & Lewis sink base.

Sponsored Links
So if your doing something with the kitchen plumbing you can turn it off, then the wife and kids can still have a shower when you **** it up ;)

Anyone can flash a joint, that's the easy bit if you do the prep right.

Plumbing is overhyped, by overpriced plumbers.

Sponsored Links
Plumbing is overhyped, by overpriced plumbers.

Good! I chose the right career path then!
I am booked up to my ears with work and always will be, because even overpaid fund managers and IT geeks, who have just lost their latest cushti number still need to take a schit and a hot shower :LOL:

Buy the book and stop guessing then...

I don't need the book. It's a kitchen; when I moved in it rather fortuitously had the two traditional options of water temperature provided, each through a 15mm copper pipe (heavily referencing similar arrangements in other kitchens). Unsurprisingly, and with no assistance from any regs booklet, the old arrangement worked fine with the last sink unit, so it'll work fine with a quite minor variation in pipe positions on the next.

Go gaslight the gullible, you're wasting your valuable time here..

Last edited:
It's a kitchen; when I moved in it rather fortuitously had the two traditional options of water temperature provided, each through a 15mm copper pipe (heavily referencing similar arrangements in other kitchens). Unsurprisingly, and with no assistance from any regs booklet, the old arrangement worked fine with the last sink unit, so it'll work fine with a quite minor variation in pipe positions on the next.

Go gaslight someone else.

You have missed the point being made.
In the UK, we benefit from a safe, wholesome and reliable source of potable water from the mains supply to each property (check history for cholera epidemics) and there is a reason for this... Just because something works doesn't mean its right... Suggest you look up WRAS.

The bathroom is still operational, the washing machine in that kitchen is still in use via the Heath Robinson affair that supports the various pipes. There's no lead pipework, there has been no standing water.

You’ve lost me now. I thought you were fitting a new kitchen unit and sink to some existing copper pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back