Fitting 3 garden lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear wife has bought 3 mains powered garden lights. Got an outdoor socket (but not 3).

Whats the best way to do this? Can it be done in serial somewhow?

Got outdoor cable so thats not a problem. The lights look like 2x35w bulbs in each.

Sponsored Links
ah outdoor 3 way junction box?

So could I put plug on one end, run to junction box then 3 lenghts to each light? Might be a bit messy......

I guess ok to run from one outdoor socket. (Can't remember exactly but this was done by an electrician for the purpose of running the hot tub so I guess 6x35w bulbs is way less power?)

Run to the 1st light loop in and out to 2nd and one cable into 3rd - need to have RCD protection on the circuit.

Sponsored Links
Blagdon make pond stuff 1685277920084.png basic designed to get around Part P law still in force in Wales, which allows use of pre-assembled stuff. There are many more versions.

The lights look like 2x35w bulbs in each.
If they are LED, that is grossly excessive.

If they are halogens return them, as you won't be able to buy replacement lamps.
They will also waste away most of the electricity as heat.

Dear wife has bought 3 mains powered garden lights. Got an outdoor socket (but not 3).

Whats the best way to do this? Can it be done in serial somewhow?

Got outdoor cable so thats not a problem. The lights look like 2x35w bulbs in each.
It looks like or is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back