Fitting a Hive single channel receiver to a Vokera Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Wanting to fit a Hive programmer to my Vokera Compact combi boiler and wondered if the attached wiring diagram configuration
DSC05652.JPG
would work.

Sponsored Links
nope completely wrong, which compact model do you have there are loads of them, dont attempt to wire up as your pic

OK take
L&N from boiler to L&N on hive
The black and red wires from CN5 on the boiler pcb go to 1&3 on the hive, either way round doesnt matter, DO NOT make any links your switching is 24 v and you will damage the boiler if you do it wrong

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
yep that is it, if there are existing wires in CN5 these are either cut or removed, and replaced with the hive which will take control of the boiler

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Just want to be sure! So, the four wires from the boiler Brown, Blue, Red and Black, all come from the 'Connector Clock' shown in the attached wiring diagram?
DSC05654.JPG

yep that is correct, the clock is by-passed and the boiler is now controlled by the hive

Do you have an analogue clock attached? That would be unplugged.

Power off the boiler, ground yourself on the case before you get into at the PCB. Normally I would loosen the 2 terminal screws on CN5 and the L & N on the boiler, remove the red, black, blue and brown wires for the plug, then wire the hive exactly as the plug would be. Use a length of 5 core cable > brown and blue + (E) from the L&N on the boiler to L&N + (E) in the hive and the gray and black from CN5 to terminals 1+3 on the hive.

Better off taking the L&N from the boiler as then it's all covered by the same power switch and fuse when it comes to safe isolation.

ever seen grey and black from CN5 to the Tyco plug
Not all Ian, you're right, all the one's I've seen are red and black too.

I was just suggesting that the OP uses a 5 core cable to wire the power and CN5 connections all in the one cable from the boiler to the hive receiver to keep it tidy. The 5 core are invariably, Brown, Blue, G/Y, Grey and Black. So I always disconnect the plug cables and then use the Brown and Blue as normal for power from boiler to receiver and then the Grey and Back from CN5 > 1+3 for the switching.

Not all Ian, you're right, all the one's I've seen are red and black too.

I was just suggesting that the OP uses a 5 core cable to wire the power and CN5 connections all in the one cable from the boiler to the hive receiver to keep it tidy. The 5 core are invariably, Brown, Blue, G/Y, Grey and Black. So I always disconnect the plug cables and then use the Brown and Blue as normal for power from boiler to receiver and then the Grey and Back from CN5 > 1+3 for the switching.
AH I get it now, I thought you meant internal wires :oops:

OP you can but 0.75mm2 5 core flex by the metre at B&Q makes life a lot easier if you use the correct stuff, its not expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back