Fitting a Hive single channel receiver to a Vokera Boiler

Thanks for all your replies. But wiring it with the CN5's to 1 and 3 in the Hive (like the written diagram above) blew the 3A fuse in the supply. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
DSC05653.JPG

Sponsored Links
Do all Hives wire up the same way? This is a second hand unit. The 1. says Common and the 3. says Heating on

Sure it's the single channel you have? The dual channel has an internal 240v link If I remember. If you've wired it the way it is shown and it's blowing the fuse then there's an issue with it or it's a dual channel.

Careful .... you could have blown the board

Disconnect the com/term 3 cable and to check if it's 240v on the output cable from the receiver and be careful if you're playing with live wires.

Thanks. If it is a dual channel, can i wire it for the heating only as i dont need the hot water?

Think not
If you have a twin channel Hive, you will have killed the control pcb, hence popped 3amp fuse as the switch should have been voltage free not apply 240 volts to 24 volt circuit that is the thermostat control ( black and red) for the boiler

Last edited:
The dual channel hive has an internal link that sends 240V to the switched wire. Only the single channel hive has volt free contacts. If it is a dual channel hive, sounds like it is if it's blown the main fuse, it should never have been connected to CN5.

Thanks for all your help. It looks as though i have been given a dual channel one so might go buy a new Hive but looking at them, most of them do heating and hot water, are they dual channel? Can anyone point me in the right direction for a single channel Hive - product code etc? so i can wire it as my sketch above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back