Fitting a Plume management Kit to a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My question is, is it difficult to do. I have to get one fitted to our boiler and have been quoted a lot by our heating engineer.
the kits on line are £82. Do they just clip into the existing flu?

Sponsored Links
belive it or believe it not as safety critical part of the boiler and it's a gas carrying component ......it should only be fitted by a registered gas fitter.................get different quotes if your not happy with the price youve been quoted.

(flue gases not the gas for combustion)

belive it or believe it not as safety critical part of the boiler and it's a gas carrying component ......it should only be fitted by a registered gas fitter.................get different quotes if your not happy with the price youve been quoted.

(flue gases not the gas for combustion)

Well my gas engineer is a really reliable chap and it's not him who is charging the high price it is the supplier. For a metal elbow to turn the flu around, a plume management kit and a drain kit they've quoted £300 for these parts. Having spoke to him tonight, it appears as though this is correct so I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet. I will be getting him to fit all these items. Thanks for the advice though - always a reliable site for advice here so thanks!

Sponsored Links
I am glad that you have so much faith in him!

You need to get to grips with whats involved.

Did he install the boiler?

Why do you HAVE to get these things fitted now?

If he fitted the boiler then why were they not fitted at the same time as the boiler?

If these parts REALLY do cost £300 then fax me a copy of the invoice to 0700 580 1583 and I will donate £15 to the canine defence league ( or another charity if you prefer ).

I think he is taking advantage of you but if I am wrong then it will cost me £15 for a good cause!

Tony

The situation is that we bought a house and the boiler wasn't fitted by our chap. We discovered from the neighbour that it was fitted by a DIY er and not a corgi registered gas engineer. Even our guy thinks these parts are way expensive and that the must have made a mistake. He's hoing to the supply centre today to sort thing out.

The situation is that we bought a house and the boiler wasn't fitted by our chap. We discovered from the neighbour that it was fitted by a DIY er and not a corgi registered gas engineer. Even our guy thinks these parts are way expensive and that the must have made a mistake. He's hoing to the supply centre today to sort thing out.

well if you know, and more importantly your guy KNOWS thst the boiler was fitted by a DIYer he isnt allowed to commission or deal with it without confirming and satisfying himself that it is fitted properly which will be as in depth an inspection as he sees fit, and is willing to sign as saying he has carried out said inspection and is willing to say it is ok in writing, so depending on the install it could take a good few hrs and some alterations as well as the works described

In that case strictly the boiler needs to be taken off the wall and then reinstalled !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back