Fitting A Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, hey guys.

I'm new here but came across this site after searching the net for some answers to a few probs I've been having with the home improvements :mad:

But I have read through a few things and decided to join so hope you don't mind.
Can't say that I will be much help mind but I will try to bring something to the board (Don't know what though :LOL: )

Just a quick question.

My bathroom floor is concrete and runs dreadfully off but the tiler managed to get it lookin good but I had an 800mm Quad Tray down and lifted it up to replace it with a 900M Quad stone resin. So half my floor is tiled but what I need to know is how can I level the part of the floor were the tray is going as it is off in a few spots?

That doesn't sound very coherent I know but my head is fried at the mo lol.

Hope you can help me and again thanks for having me around.

Sponsored Links
There is something you could do that might benefit you in two ways.

The thing that usually presents the biggest problem with a shower tray is accommodating the trap and running the waste. Since you've already had a tray in there you might not have this problem, but if you built a platform then it would give you access to the trap for maintenance and also give scope for leveling the tray.

Thanks for the reply mate. As I have the floor tracked and waste dug I wanted to run with normal tray but I am now debating on reverting to my original plan of a an easy plumb tray that would sort out a lot of problems I think but it just then feels that all the hard work in tracking the concrete floor has been in vain :(

Sponsored Links
I'm not suggesting that you use a different tray than the one you've bought, just that you put it on a platform.

This is a commonplace way of creating access to the trap in case of any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back