Fitting a sink into a 500mm Unit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I think i may already know the answer to this, but looking for some thoughts or feedback,

We're having a kitchen refresh, by changing out the worktops and replacing the sink unit.

We've found a sink that we like, and the details say minimum unit size 600mm. But the unit where the sink is currently, is a 500mm unit, which is next to a corner 800mm unit.

We cant change out the unit for a 500mm, as the back door is next to the current unit.

Am I correct in thinking, that all i would simply need to do, would be to cut through the sides of the 500mm and 800mm units, to allow the sink to fit, if needed?

Oddly the replacement sink bowl is the same size as the current bowl, but overall, its also a smaller sink / drainer size. So it shouldn't be a problem.

Sponsored Links
Yes. My next kitchen project involves cutting a 500mm unit down to about 470mm and installing a sink. It is doable, but it will be tight

Cheers, i'm thinking I can cut out a section of the cupboard sides, if needed.

Appreciate your help. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back