Fitting an extractor fan into tiled area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to fit an extractor fan where the vent is in the picture, obviously the current hole will be too big so i'll need to make some kind of mounting plate? What can i make it from, wood/tile/plastic?
Also has anyone installed one with humidity sensor? Do they work?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The easiest way could be to use a square of white acrylic.....easy enough to cut, can have a smooth edge, moisture resistant etc. It could look well enough, I guess.
Fans with a humidistat do work, but give me a timer one any day.
John :)

Deff Whits acrylic sheet as mentioned above. I would recommend Evo sticks 'sticks like s*@! ', and buy the slightly dearer 'clear ' one as your using it in a bathroom. Maybe you could run the cable for the extractor while you have the bath out !

Sponsored Links
Depends what is behind the cover, if it is an air brick you will need to take it out and that leaves you with a bigger hole than the fan will need.

Simplest way if that is the case may be to mortar in the round duct where the air brick was and then fix the fan to he mortar (plugs and screws). You will have a similar problem on the outside and you don't want t ventilate the bathroom through the space around the fan duct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back