Fitting Fascias

I don't mean this with any disrespect, but should you be doing the work if you don't really know?
The whole point of this website is to help people who don’t fully know how to do something to learn and figure it out from others input. The clue is in the name of the website ‘DIY’not.

Sponsored Links
The whole point of this website is to help people who don’t fully know how to do something to learn and figure it out from others input. The clue is in the name of the website ‘DIY’not.
Yes all well and good, but this person will be doing it for a living, he also makes Frank Spencer and Mr Bean seem the most intelligent beings on Earth.

Sponsored Links
Is it? Wow thanks, I had NO idea that's what this forum was for. You learn something new every day right enough, thanks again.

Now that I've learnt this is a forum centred around diy, I'm going to stick with my point thanks. There is a world of difference (in my mind anyway) between someone asking 'I'm going to have a go at putting new fascia up on my own property, any tips?' compared to someone advising they are about to do some labouring on a site (that has to adhere to H&S legislation?) and asking on a DIY forum (as kindly pointed out by you) how difficult it is to do the task in hand.

A minor point about the OP, which you seem to be unaware of: he advertises himself as a tradesman, someone who charges his customers for his work.
Those eagle eyed amongst us spotted that little nugget at the beginning though..."might have some work labouring.."

Stick with your clipboard mate. (y)

Those eagle eyed amongst us spotted that little nugget at the beginning though..."might have some work labouring.."

Stick with your clipboard mate. (y)
I'll stick with my chisels, thank you very much as I am still working. H&S law applies to even self-employed people working on their own, and also to site labourers, which someone as knowledgeable and experienced as you should know, I'd have thought. Or maybe you just left the trades before H&S came in? Or have been retired so long that you've forgotten? ;)

I'll stick with my chisels, thank you very much as I am still working. H&S law applies to even self-employed people working on their own, and also to site labourers, which someone as knowledgeable and experienced as you should know, I'd have thought. Or maybe you just left the trades before H&S came in? Or have been retired so long that you've forgotten? ;)
Good bant's J&N

I've just gone back to work doing light work - final snagging which fortunately is mainly paint, silicone and cleaning (plus a bit of joinery touching-up, mainly sanding out manky mitre joints and so forth). I have to say that standards of finishing in modern housing that I'm seeing are absolutely carp. So maybe the OP will be alright, after all - providing he doesn't walk into a scaff pole with no hard hat on ;)

Those eagle eyed amongst us spotted that little nugget at the beginning though..."might have some work labouring
But the wise owls amongst us know that labouring is not just sweeping up and making the tea.

Hah! When was the last time you got an agency labourer who could (a) make a decent pot of tea, (b) knew how to do a mix for the brickies, (c) knew the difference between CLS and C16 and (d) could actually be depended to turn up at work on time, sober and with his work boots.

Answers on the back of a postage stamp...

As to sweeping up we had a "furriner" four years back who actually had to be shown how to brush up - apparently his wife did that sort of thing at home. or so he tried to tell us

I tend to wear these heavy duty boots which might be a bit clumpy, these gloves which seem ok for moving stuff around but the guy fitting the cederal cladding told me to take off when measuring etc

No one's wearing any ppe, even eye protection so carried on with my sunglasses, did want to look out of place in my safely specs. The guy I'm helping is on shorts , trainers and t shirt.

I slide ear defenders on and off when he pulls thr circular saw or whatever out
20220531_075115.jpg
20220531_075115.jpg
20220530_141202.jpg
20220530_074332.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back