Fitting French external Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I am hoping someone can give me some advice.
I am trying to fit some french doors to the rear of my property. The main problem I have is that I have to move the doors by approximately 6 - 8 cm's to the right. so the question is what is the best way of filling this gap? the original door fitted against the brickwork (obviously) but I dont know if it is best to just fill this gap with some mortar as obviously bricks are to wide so I cannot brick it up. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can get extension bars in upvc as you need a good vertical support to get your fixings tight.
Pete

as stated extensions, normally i would use these keep the frame central wedge it, foam it. when the foam has cured use 3 fisher fixings either side of the frame. cut any overspill of foam back and use some PVC flat bead not forgetting the double sided tape and cover the gaps. A few beads of white silicone hopefully job done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back