Fitting Hive to InTec² 28XE Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I have a new Hive thermostat. Looking to fit to a InTec² 28XE boiler.

The boiler wiring is shown here:
View media item 100935
The Hive wiring diagram is shown here:
View media item 100934
So far I have:

• Boiler Mains cable (Brown,Blue,G/Y) going into N,L,1 respectively in the Hive Receiver.

• What I think I now need to do is connect the boiler thermostat switch connection into the Hive. This is connection [1] and [2] on the diagram. Where should these connect on the Hive receiver?

Boiler manual is here: https://www.alpha-innovation.co.uk/...tec2 25-28XE instructions and users 04-15.pdf

Hive instructions are here:
https://bucketeer-e9a3f077-0ec6-47c...6edbaa46c9c2cbfbfbea01f61b7cc8a85a67a4337.pdf

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
First of all I am not familiar with your specific boiler, but I can tell you how to wire it to the Hive from the diagrams you have posted. However, if you have to open the room sealed section of the boiler to access the boiler wiring terminals do not proceed. This should only be done by a gas safe engineer who can perform the necessary safety checks afterwards.

For a combi boiler, you should have the single channel version of the Hive.

As you don't mention any existing room thermostat, I have assumed that you don't have one. If you do, don't proceed, and post its details and details of the wiring connected to it. If the boiler has existing integral time control that will need to be set to be 'on' permanently to prevent it interfering with the operation of the Hive.

So assuming you don't have any existing thermostat, or have to open the room sealed part of the boiler to get to the wiring.

Remove the link between Boiler [1] and [2]

Boiler [1] goes to Hive [1] 'common'

Boiler [2] goes to Hive [3] 'Heating on'

Hive L 'Live' goes to the boiler Live

Hive N 'Neutral' goes to the boiler Neutral

Earth goes in the earth tether.

Hey,

Thanks for reply.

You can access panel without opening sealed section of boiler.

I have a thermostat right now in the corridor. This is wired to connections [1] and [2] on the boiler.

Otherwise you advice seems to be what I think as well.

OK good. In that case then there won't be a link between the boiler [1] and [2] to remove, instead remove the wires going to the existing thermostat.

Sponsored Links
If I remove the old wires going to [1] and [2] in the boiler and wire :

Live L 'Live' goes to the boiler Live

Earth to earth tether.

That's it? I don't need to wire from [1] or [2] to the hive receiver?

Remove the link between Boiler [1] and [2]

Boiler [1] goes to Hive [1] 'common'

Boiler [2] goes to Hive [3] 'Heating on'

Hive L 'Live' goes to the boiler Live

Earth goes in the earth tether.

Connect the Hive as described above. My first comment "Remove the link between Boiler [1] and [2]" will now be "remove the existing wires to the thermostat from Boiler [1] and [2]"

Hi Stem
I have the same Alpha boiler for the moment i have a wireless thermostat (easy stat reciver, page 24 in boiler manual)but i was told by Alpha manufactured that i cannot fit a zone valve with this thermostat. So i decided to fit a Hive thermostat. I understood perfectly from your previous comment where to connect the Hive thermostat into the boiler
I have this diagram for the underfloor heating. From where am I going to take the SL and SI from the boiler.
Can you please tell me?
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191106-005255_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20191106-005255_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 279
From where am I going to take the SL and SI from the boiler.

When zone valves are fitted. The thermostat operates the zone valves and it's the zone valves that operate the boiler. Each zone valve has a microswitch inside connected to a grey wire [Marked (G) on the drawing] and an orange wire [Marked (O) on the drawing] they go to SL and SI, exactly as shown in the diagram you posted.

Thank you very much for the replay.
I don't know wich slots ar SL and SI in the boiler
??
Screenshot_20191106-010700_Dropbox.jpg

If i connect the Hive reciver in no 1 and 2. Where do i connect the grey and orange?
Thank you

If yours is as shown, then it's terminals 1 & 2 that the grey and orange wires go to.

Capture.JPG

Grey to 2 and orange to 1, remove the link first.

And I've told you already. The Hive does not connect to the boiler at all when there are zone valves fitted.
The Hive thermostat operates the zone valves and it's the zone valves that operate the boiler.

Thank you very very much. all makes sense now.
I appreciate your quick response and your help thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back