Hive wiring to Biasi 35C Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have Hive connected to my Worcester Bosch boiler, no problem but I have bought my son a Hive thermostat to connect to his Biasi Inovia 35C boiler and it’s looking a lot more complicated wiring than my boiler.
Obviously the live, neutral and earth are no problem it’s the other two/three wires that I’m not sure about, can anyone help with a wiring diagram or just a simple explanation of were they go.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I vote that Stem gets £1.00 for every time he answers a query regards Hive. He would then be able to retire from the proceeds. There are more Hive queries than one can shake a stick at. Yes, this post is unhelpful, but Hive posts are also breeding like rabbits. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BTW, there are controllers out there that offer a lot more facilities for a similar price, cheaper even.

Hi, I have Hive connected to my Worcester Bosch boiler, no problem but I have bought my son a Hive thermostat to connect to his Biasi Inovia 35C boiler and it’s looking a lot more complicated wiring than my boiler.
Obviously the live, neutral and earth are no problem it’s the other two/three wires that I’m not sure about, can anyone help with a wiring diagram or just a simple explanation of were they go.
Thanks

Does he have an existing thermostat connected? Which Hive channel version did you get him?

Sponsored Links
which wireless does he have already ? good chance it will be a universal back plate and the Hive will just slot on without any wiring changes

So can you not just transfer the existing wires in that receiver into Hive? If you’re struggling with it post a photo of existing wiring.

which wireless does he have already ? good chance it will be a universal back plate and the Hive will just slot on without any wiring changes

His existing thermostat is a “Salus” RT300RF

His existing thermostat is a “Salus” RT300RF
It does appear to be industry standard backplate (as written in the manual), so should be able to clip Hive onto this backplate. As I said before, if you still unsure post photo of wiring.

It does appear to be industry standard backplate (as written in the manual), so should be able to clip Hive onto this backplate. As I said before, if you still unsure post photo of wiring.
Thanks Chris, I’m at his house on Sunday I’ll take some photos

nope not a straight swap, NO and COM on your Salus go to 1&3 on the Hive, either way round doest matter and the L&N just stay the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back