Fitting Inset Woodburner

A Hetas installer is not supposed to certify the work of another. However if he can see everything then he might but he will assume full responsibility.
A Hetas guy signed off my stove fitted by me, however he could see everything and it's straight forward which is in my conservatory, failing that then my local BCO wanted £400 to sign it off!

Sponsored Links
Should have a liner with this type of inset stove really, and this type is the hardest to fit properly. Try looking on the "Green Living Forum" under the woodburning section. They will give you all the advice needed.

Carbon Monoxide detectors will tell you that something has gone wrong with your installation. We're suggesting that you get someone qualified to ensure that the installation is done correctly in the first place.

I've read too many posts on forums from installers who have found dangerous installations by other HETAS installers. By all accounts HETAS does not take effective action against members who do not install correctly, and hence it is no guarantee. I am sure if the OP gets BC to certify the install, it will be okay. Personally I would fit a liner, because a) it can improve the draw and b) it avoids any issues with acidic tar burning through the chimney walls. And if you fit it yourself, it is not that expensive. Friends fitted theirs, and their house is very tall, and the chimney stack extends maybe 4m above the roof. You need 2 people to do it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back