Fitting led light in living room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I'm looking for help please, I just recently bought a metal led lights for my living room, but upon looking at the led light wiring there isn't no were to put the earth. It's got 3 white wires and one red wire for the live to feed led light bulbs and the small leds on Base with 4 black wires being neutral. How can I fit this into loop circuit without the earth.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Lee

Sponsored Links
Please post a picture of this light fitting and the wiring.

Where was this light fitting obtained?

Black white and red are not colours that should be found in any modern electrical item.

Hi there,
Here is the pictures of the light fitting, I got it off eBay.
The 3 white wire are live feed for the bulbs
The 1 red wire is the feed for the remote control switch
And 4 black being the neutral.
I did wire this up to a plug with a 5A fuse and a RCD in case but did not blow.
This is how i know what wires are what.
Many thanks
Lee

Attachments

• received_907989639628726.jpeg
    received_907989639628726.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 196
  • received_332085687758270.jpeg
    received_332085687758270.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 205
  • received_2723700107897122.jpeg
    received_2723700107897122.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 205
Please post a picture of this light fitting and the wiring.

Where was this light fitting obtained?

Black white and red are not colours that should be found in any modern electrical item.
White is commonplace in light fittings

Sponsored Links
Hi there,
I have posted some pictures of the light fitting.
If you can not see them then I will repost for ya.
Many thanks
Lee

Does the fitting have a sticker stating Class 2 or a symbol like a square within a square

Impossible for that to be class II, given all the single insulated wires in there.
Single insulated wires of different voltages mixed together, no terminal block for connecting to the building wiring, no CE mark, no label stating manufacturer's details, no earth terminal.

Illegal, imported junk that should be returned to the seller for a full refund.

Hi there,
I am unsure what the yellow wire is, I brought this from a company in London but found out that it's Chinese with Chinese instructions
I did wire it up to a plug with 5A just using live wire and natural wire and it worked. But the thing is that there isn't a earth wire. Can I put an earth wire on the centre screw??
Many thanks
Lee

No, read the bottom paragraph of flameports post.

Also note the power supply init is for 220v operation. Not suitable for the UK or Europe.

I would send it back for a refund as already mentioned

Those two electronic modules are likely to be a fire risk if ( when ) they fail. Is your ceiling and the hole in it for cables fire proof ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back