Fitting new Ceramic hob and single Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Getting to the end of fitting my kitchen and ive just had a look at the new ceramic hob, oven and it seems there wired up different to the old ones i took out.

The old ones were wired up with the cable going into the hob, then back out and into the oven with just L,N and earth connections. The new hob comes with a few more connections with jumpers supplied and the oven comes with its own cable.

Pics below and If anyone can give me any pointers it would be most appreciated :)

[/b]

Sponsored Links
Put the jumpers in as per diag 1N. It is how to connect it for single phase & neutral ,which is what your supply is. Connect the live(red wire) to L1, TERMINAL 3 & Neutral (black wire) to N TERMINAL 5 & the earth wire to the earth terminal, next to the cable grip.

Thanks, so can i then come out of the same terminals with a seperate cable going into the oven? Thats how the old hob and oven were wired up.

You could connect the oven to the terminals in the hob but you should have a cooker connection unit on the wall behind the oven.

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps I shall get me one of them. I take it the breaker is fine for those two appliances ?

Does this sound OK which someone has recommended on another forum if I wire the oven to the hob until I get the dual plate ?
Connect the oven to the hob with the supplied cable.
If you use the second diagram on the back of the hob.

All neutrals go into the terminal on the right (5) with a jumper between that and the next on the left (4).
The ovens live connects to the second to last terminal on the left (2) with a jumper between that and the last on the left (1) then the last remaining terminal is connected to your cooker isolation terminals. Live would be in terminal 3 on the hob and all earths and neutrals together.
Hope that makes sense!

Where from mate? I tried screwfix but they don't stock them. Just looked on newey & Eyre site and can't seem to find one .

Can you link to the back box which i would need mate? also is there a Pattress Box i could use instead as the wire is not in the wall?

if the cable comes out the wall behind the cooker, there may not be enough room to surface mount it.

At that link, at the bottom are other usful bits to purchase for use with that.

A 25mm one should be suitable. Depends on the wall in this case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back