single oven and ceramic hob

nan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought an indesit single oven and ceramic hob,oven comes with it's own cable and 3 pin plug,does this just plug straight into existing socket? hob comes with cable without plug which I assume is wired into existing 30amp box behind cooker? Can the oven be wired in as well so that I dont have to use wall socket? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You must use a wall socket - for overcurrent protection using the 13A fuse in the plugtop.

What you need to do is fit a single socket behind the oven. You CAN take the feed for this from the hob cable outlet if you wish, providing the circuit is rated at 32A (most cooker circuits are) and there is an isolation switch above the worktop. Use the same sized cable as is used on the rest of the cooker circuit (usually 6 or 10mm²)

What is the current rating of the of the hob?

I have no idea what the rating is,where will it give me that information? I have a wall socket which has the cooker switch and also 1 socket,also,behind the cooker is a junction box where the old free standing electric cooker was straight into.

Sponsored Links
there should be a plate on the bottom of the hob that will state the rating.
It will be shown in Kw i think. If not the information will be in the instructions.

Just had a look on the site for the store it was prchased at and it doesnt really tell me any info it's an INDESIT MK 64RIX

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back