Fitting Salamander S Flange?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to fit a Salamander S Flange to my cylinder to run a Salamander pump. The Cylinder top is a male fitting and I need to fit the 1" Female socket to the top of the cylinder,but as the thread on the cylinder does not go right down to the top of the cylinder how will it seal? I thought the fibre washer suppied would fit between the nut and the cylinder but there will be a 1/4 inch gap at the base-will it seal against the threads ,do I need to use boss white on the threads?

Sponsored Links
you sure thats male fitting doesn't come out of the cylinder and isn't part of the cylinder, then you can fit a surrey flange.

have you a pic ?

No it is definately part of the cylinder -I can actually make out the solder lines.

you sure its not be soldered in after as the flange should screw right down to the fibre washer.

Sponsored Links
I've had someone in who's also confirmed its part of the tank. the house is only 15years old and there appears to be quite a few quirks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back