Salamander S Flange will not fit!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am fitting a Salamander CT75 shower pump. I have already created a dedicated cold feed from the attic and was about to get started on the S Flange fitting, when I realised that my hot water cylinder is 3/4" not 1" like the flange.

I have been searching on-line for a reducer (?) as the local merchants don't have what I'm thinking of. Can someone kindly let me know what fitting am I to look for?

Thank you all.

Sponsored Links
A brass hexagon bush, Toolstation 42593 could be what you are looking for, or have I read you incorrectly?
John :)

Are you sure it is 3/4" at top of cylinder? Could it had a reducer bush still there?

If it is 3/4" female at top of cylinder, then I don't think you can get reducer for flange.

It like 1" female to 3/4" male.

Daniel.

There are cylinders around with 3/4 tappings :idea: what you could do is get a 3/4 brass nipple and screw into a bush then a 1 inch brass socket will give you a female end for the S flange . Hopefully your cyl . is bushed down , as Stardanny says - because my answer will look like a lash up :oops: www.bes.co.uk

Sponsored Links
You are restricted to the flow from the 3/4" cylinder outlet. I would either tee off from the 22mm pipe immediately above the cylinder, or fit an Essex flange or similar to make a second outlet.

Thank you all for your responses. I have double checked and it does look like it is 3/4". I have taken a couple of photos with my phone and uploaded just to get a verification.........

There are cylinders around with 3/4 tappings :idea: what you could do is get a 3/4 brass nipple and screw into a bush then a 1 inch brass socket will give you a female end for the S flange . Hopefully your cyl . is bushed down , as Stardanny says - because my answer will look like a lash up :oops: www.bes.co.uk

Hi mate, I bought a 1" X 3/4" Hexagon brass bush:

The S Flange came with a female socket in the set. Hopefully I have all the right parts for the job. Have uploaded a couple of photos of the cylinder top so someone can verify it for sure.

It`s a bare cylinder - so just get an Essex flange for the side :idea:

Hi, why not...?

Your bush is 1" outer thread you won't screw that into a 3/4" cylinder thread

Correct me if i'm wrong only going by your bush pic.

The outer thread of the bush is 1" - using the female 1" socket will screw onto that and the inner is 3/4" so that will screw onto the top of cylinder. Will wait for it to arrive and see if I got the right item........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back