Fitting Tiles Around Velux Loft Window Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm after some advise as I'm having trouble getting the tiles to line up with my velux. Both sides finish almost flush with the flashing, so there is little to no room for a slice of a tile to cover the gap. The tiles are Redland 49, and to my knowledge there is no 'tile and a half' option.

Photos are below. Any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If you move the skylight over to the right a little then you will only need to cut the tiles with a grinder on the left hand side of the window.

I had considered moving the window across, but it's a going to be be a pain to redo the work - not to mention its nicely central at the moment in the room. Was hoping might be another solution.

I fit skylights to match the roof covering otherwise it can look like a dogs dinner.

Sponsored Links
I had considered moving the window across, but it's a going to be be a pain to redo the work - not to mention its nicely central at the moment in the room. Was hoping might be another solution.
Easy, shift all your roof tiles across a bit! :rolleyes: :p

Move it a touch to the left and have enough meat on both sets of cuts.

We supplement any small cuts with a squirt of adhesive and stick it to the whole neighbouring tile.

Can I ask what adhesive specifically you use(d)? I tried some instant grab for 24hours, and it does not hold.

In this case the Wickes own 'no more nails' type stuff in a tube.

How bonded does the CT1 one end up. Is it a strong join?

Excellent advise. Liberally applied the CT1 along the overlap join, and a bead down the join for good measure. 12 hours later and I can hold the cut tile and it supports the whole tile with no movement.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2015-09-05 11.02.54.jpg
    2015-09-05 11.02.54.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 473

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back