Fitting waste for a new sink outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again, this is similar to my other question just posted.

View media item 68959
I need to channel out a drainage run for the new sink that shows on the floor plan I've added here for you all to see.

Now at the moment the floor is uneven, so I was wondering, should I add the self leveling compound before I dig the floor or after?

I will be adding an inspection chamber to join up the SVP and new sink waste near to where the door is along that dotted line so hiring a CAT scanner tomorrow to make sure I won't hit the incoming mains supply.

I am going to buy a double sealed interior manhole but not sure what to buy, something like this I was looking at http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/432028, with the manhole cover fitted on top. Is this correct??

I have a friend I'm waiting to hear from but he's not available until Saturday so hoping you guys can drop me some gold

Sponsored Links
Chamber in the link is fine for inverts up to 600mm deep, if the existing drain is deeper you'll need the bigger (450mm dia) chamber. Will need a sealed cover on top as it's internal. Personally I would set the cover at proposed finished floor level, make good the excavation in the floor, then use the levelling compound to bring the lot to a smooth finish.

Thank you very much Hugh much appreciated.

My drain is no more than 300mm deeper than current FFL so I may be lucky here.

Will I need to bed the chamber ?

Will I need to bed the waste for the sink ?

What size depth/width should I chase the channel ?

300 should be fine for mini chamber, depending on floor covering, you may be able to get a cover same size as chamber that will seal for internal use. If under a carpet or lino remember where it is! (If tiling then will probably need to use inset cover.) Bed chamber on some concrete and haunch round to hold in it position.

I'd lay a 110mm branch drain at chamber invert depth across to sink position, 90 bend to bring it to FFL, bed in peagravel before backfilling. Then couple sink waste into that with appropriate connector. (You don't want a run of 40/50mm waste under the floor that'll be extremely difficult to clean out, especially indoors!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Hugh.

So only the double seal cover is necessary, or both?

DPM will be punctured, how can I break out without splitting the DPM at some stage? Do you mean new DPM fitted and lapped around drain... this will not be water tight by a long shot??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back