Fitting windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If im going to fit replacement windows in a customers house how do i go about getting a fensa certificate? and who is responsible for getting one me or the customer? thanks

Sponsored Links
http://www.fensa.org.uk/default.aspx

There are currently two ways to prove compliance:-

- A certificate showing that the work has been done by an installer who is registered with FENSA or a similar body.

- A certificate from the Local Authority Building Control stating that the installation has been approved under the Building Regulations.

So the installer would provide the certificate (if going down the FENSA route).

i dont do enough of them to get registered with fensa when does inspector have to come out when you have installed them or during or both? how much is the certificate? and who is responsible for the certificate through the building control customer or installer?

You would have to speak to the Building Control department about that.

However, it could all be done on a Building Notice. I'm quite sure all Building Control would want to check is that the glass/frames conform to current u-values. This may be justified with documentation supplied with the windows.

As said before, the installer would be FENSA approved and would be able to provide the certificate, which could be passed to the client and then onto Building Control or direct to Building Control themselves.

If you have FENSA related queries, then I'd recommend you contacting them direct (as per the link I provided).

Sponsored Links
FENSA schmensa --- just make sure you smear white bathroom silicone everywhere like all the fitters do :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back