Fix new light with glass shade to plasterboard ceiling

I could try a different bulb for my existing light I guess. But I want a nice appearance overall too. Something that looks high end. I'm looking to spend upto £400 per light. I can't find anything that fits the bill at all going down cfl route. I don't want some kind of lamp shade arrangement either as that seems to me to be the only way to get a nice warm effect with non incandescent

I want them to be dimmable too and my current cfls are not dimmable

Show me something that looks as good as this using cfls or similar!

http://www.rothschildbickers.com/wp-content/uploads/empire_spec-instructions.pdf

Sponsored Links
I don't want some kind of lamp shade arrangement either
That's hard to gather from your original post.

Looking to replace with incandescent bulbs with glass shade
:confused:

as that seems to me to be the only way to get a nice warm effect with non incandescent
As has been observed you can get very warm fluorescents, same colour temperature as incandescent lamps.

But probably not as low a CT as the ones you show.

I want them to be dimmable too and my current cfls are not dimmable
Actually it's the control gear in the light fitting which is a non-dimmable one. You can get dimmable control gear - there are 2 different systems, 0-10V and 1-10V. //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=236100&start=0

Not worth trying to retrofit a different ballast to your existing pendants, but if you do find a fluorescent light you like which has an easily replaceable ballast you could make it dimmable.

Show me something that looks as good as this using cfls or similar!

http://www.rothschildbickers.com/wp-content/uploads/empire_spec-instructions.pdf[/QUOTE]
Tricky, particularly when the filament in the lamp is part of the design, not just something that gives off light.

Are those lamps exempt from the EU ban on the sale of incandescent lamps? Are you guaranteed to be able to buy them for years to come?

Sponsored Links
They do similar bulbs like that made of small strips of leds and they run at mains voltage AFAIK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back