Fixing Bathroom mirror to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I purchased a flat bathroom mirror and have found that I will be unable to drill it into the tiled wall at the position I want (to close to edge of tile means I might split tile). Anway I am wondering if I could use an adhesive instead and if so what would be the best glue /agent to buy?

thanks

Adam

Sponsored Links
Mirror adhesive or double sided foam tape.Both hold it very securely though will need holding in place if you use glue, tape is instant and very secure.

You don't say how close to the edge of the tile or the method you would use to drill the tile, I have drilled loads of tiles at close proximity to the edges without mishap, to do so get an automatic centre punch set on a light setting to mark the hole position, using a new masonary drill of the required size, drill the tile at a fairly low speed without the hammer action on. Once the tile has been drilled continue to drill to the correct depth without the hammer action if possible or use the hammer action only if you have passed completely through the tile and into the mortar behind.

Sponsored Links
I would use screws to hold on the mirror. I would mark the mirror holes and use a very small masonry drill bit, then use a slightly bigger one until you have the correct size hole . Normally I would drill the first hole with the hammer action turned off (until I have gone through the glaze) and hold the drill so that it is just touching the tile to remove the glaze.

Hi,

For very large mirrors you should maybe consider some kind of mechanical fixing. However a strong purpose made mirror adhesive should do the job. Take a look on eBay - search for "mirror adhesive silicone sealant".

Make certain that it is neutral cure, so wont damage the mirror. If you're planning to use it in a bathroom, then be sure to pick one that is resistant to humidity.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back