Fixing brick to tile. Recommendation please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to make 2 brick pillars outside to support a flat roof above my front door. Problem is the brick pillar will be on porcelain tiled floor.

What is the best mortar to support the brick pillar on tiled surface. As this will be external subject to all weather conditions do I need anything special.

The pillars will be 2.5 metre high.

Sponsored Links
Can the brick pillar not be constructed over tiles. The base of the tile was a concrete step to enter the house.

That'll look swell if someone wants to change the tiles one day.

As said, hack up the tiles and concrete and dig a foundation.

Sponsored Links
Two 2.5m high pillars on top of a floor tile, really?!? What if the tile's been spotted down and crumbles up under the weight. Dig some proper footings for what it will take, if you're careful enough you'll get the tiles up then cut them to suit once your pillars are up. If the existing concrete slab that's down is thick enough / adequate enough to build on you could possibly build off that. I'm in agreement with the above though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back