Fixing fence spurs to eight snapped fence posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20210202_130643.jpg
I've got eight snapped fence posts. The fencing is laying on its side. Is it best to put all the fence spurs in first then when concrete has set push fence upright and bolt it on?

Is it worth bothering with washers or just use smallest auger possible for bolts?

ATTACH=full]222371[/ATTACH]
20210202_130615.jpg
Screenshot_20210210-093658_Chrome.jpg
drill bit

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Were the original posts concreted in or knocked in ?
If they have snapped just above the concrete then you will have a hell of a job on, would be better to put new posts half way between original posts.

If they were knocked in then may be they are just leaning, in which case you might stand a chance, still a big job digging a pit for each one then shoring the whole thing up until you get the new in

Were the original posts concreted in or knocked in ?
If they have snapped just above the concrete then you will have a hell of a job on, would be better to put new posts half way between original posts.

If they were knocked in then may be they are just leaning, in which case you might stand a chance, still a big job digging a pit for each one then shoring the whole thing up until you get the new in

I'll check but probably concreted.
You mean will have to use my breaker to smash out some of the old concrete?

So possibly put new posts halfway between old ones if cant smash out the old concrete?

Last edited:
I'll check but probably concreted.
You mean will have to use my breaker to smash out some of the old concrete?

So possibly put new posts halfway between old ones if cant smash out the old concrete?

The problem is often not getting the old concrete plug out of the ground, it is the stupid size and dish shaped hole it leaves behind

The problem is often not getting the old concrete plug out of the ground, it is the stupid size and dish shaped hole it leaves behind

Think I know what u mean. Maybe use more postcrete and stones to fill it?

How do you plan on working in such a tight spot,leaving the fence in place?
I thought that. That wire fence is going to get in the way in parts. Perhaps put fence spurs back a bit ( move whole fence back a bit? What about spurs put the other side of fence?

Doing it tomorrow. Will prop up fence with rope or stakes then use breaker when fence is in correct position

Wish I had a horse to move the fence forward. I wasn't sure if Eddie was messing around so didn't bolt them to posts all together then put in holes, asyou can see just put them in and when concrete has gone off will then bolt them in. The bolts are 10mm and hole in concrete 13mm. I bought these two long drill bits
20210216_164609.jpg
20210216_193220.jpg

No, it's best to bolt the concrete spurs to the posts first, then lift the whole lot into place, then concrete the spurs in. Jeez.... what do you think?

The fence wont stand upright if I was to do that posts would be pushed off plumb. It's all over the place. After watching YouTube on spurs you prop fence then bolt then cement. But these wont stand up.

consider cutting one of the panels in half. move the post holes half a panel along. concrete the spurs in and bolt the old posts back to them. Then fix the panels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back