Fixing fence spurs to eight snapped fence posts

Sponsored Links
Wish I had a horse to move the fence forward. I wasn't sure if Eddie was messing around so didn't bolt them to posts all together then put in holes, asyou can see just put them in and when concrete has gone off will then bolt them in. The bolts are 10mm and hole in concrete 13mm. I bought these two long drill bitsView attachment 223286 View attachment 223288

Those posts look way off vertical, what are the masonry bits for?

Wish I had a horse to move the fence forward. I wasn't sure if Eddie was messing around so didn't bolt them to posts all together then put in holes, asyou can see just put them in and when concrete has gone off will then bolt them in. The bolts are 10mm and hole in concrete 13mm. I bought these two long drill bitsView attachment 223286 View attachment 223288
I take it the posts were knocked in for you to get sensible sized holes ? How deep are the concrete supports set in ? did you have much bother getting through the roots, there is a lot of shrubbery around about, the roots are a good thing once past them, they will help prevent the concrete plug going anywhere.

they don't look very vertical but I guess that is just an optical illusion. You seem to be getting the job done!

Last edited:
Those posts look way off vertical, what are the masonry bits for?
i thought they were masonary at first glance but they are multi purpose and will go through wood in a fashion, they're not very good but they will get that job done

Sponsored Links
I take it the posts were knocked in for you to get sensible sized holes ? How deep are the concrete supports set in ? did you have much bother getting through the roots, there is a lot of shrubbery around about, the roots are a good thing once past them, they will help prevent the concrete plug going anywhere.

they don't look very vertical but I guess that is just an optical illusion. You seem to be getting the job done!

I dont know what u mean - posts knocked in?

2 feet deep holes (mostly).

The second half of fence I propped up used 28cm bolts but will replace with 30cm ones when get them. One post near tree had a root so wide a reciprocating saw couldn't possibly cut so just put the post in higher. The guy didn't care the posts weren't all same height. The first half has posts behind. Got to push fence up to these and bolt in.

I had a 30 or 40cm drill bit which got stuck . How do you prevent this in future? In out, in out if it feels like jamming? J
20210217_154239.jpg
20210217_154218.jpg
20210217_145633.jpg
20210217_151506.jpg

Huh? Why are the spurs on the front face of the fence? I presume they go through the face into the posts.

That said, it actually doesn't look too bad at all.
Too tight round back to dig so the bloke asked me to do that. At other end of fence they're behind lol. He keeps changing his mind. Need 30cm bolts though if put spurs in front hard to get. Seen it done on youtube. Any tips on stopping long drill bits from getting stuck?

Too tight round back to dig so the bloke asked me to do that. At other end of fence they're behind lol. He keeps changing his mind. Need 30cm bolts though if put spurs in front hard to get. Seen it done on youtube. Any tips on stopping long drill bits from getting stuck?

They're getting stuck coz they're binding, probably because you're not drilling precisely straight and not helped by the fact the bits aren't specifically designed for wood.

And the fact you are not trained in any trade and are looking at youtube videos for guidance.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

I dont know what u mean - posts knocked in?
Buy a post with a pointy end and whack it into the ground with a sledge hammer (you usually form the hole first with a heavy steel bar, something like an old half shaft off a wagon is good)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back