Fixing heavy pipework to wall

Joined
1 Oct 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We have this solar hot water system with two heavy pipes that constantly fall off the wall and I'd like to find a way to fix them to it permanently.

The problem is mainly the right side which is much heavier, when it falls off it basically takes the left side with it. The flimsy plastic clips simply cannot hold it in place, it needs something to support it.

Can anybody recommend heavy duty metal fixings that could work or any alternative solutions?
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260927_104606323.jpg
    PXL_20260927_104606323.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 36
Have a look at Unistrut (and similar). Spring nuts (zeberdees) slot into the channel. Then a "washer", lock nuts and threaded bar allow to locate rubber lined pipe clamps.

20250124_111536.jpg
 
Have a look at Unistrut (and similar). Spring nuts (zeberdees) slot into the channel. Then a "washer", lock nuts and threaded bar allow to locate rubber lined pipe clamps.

View attachment 423083
Thanks @Gasguru whilst I like the sound of this approach, it would mean the black casing then wouldn't sit flush against the wall. I need to keep this in place because the pipes get hot, they also support the pipes and there is a front plate that attaches to it (not pictured).

I might start with a couple of heavy duty rubber lined pipe clamps as you specified, but fitted directly to the wall and then I can just drill a hole into the black casing to fit them.

Is that fails then I'll have a look at the unistrut - what do you think?
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top