Fixing old style flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can you help me folks!

I’ve some experience of the new type flushes but not these. It’s a wall mounted plastic cistern sitting well above the pan. It’s taking ages to fill and water is dripping from below the green plastic part when I assume it’s meant to flow out of the small white spout.

I think it’s fed from cold water tank so probably not great pressure but I need to fix/improve matters. Got a well painted in isolation valve going to cistern but I’m sure I’ll get the water off one way or another. What’s my best bet, can you still replace this with new or might it be some sort of washer/seal issue?

I’ll probably come back tomorrow, try to get water off, then open the green part up.

Advice appreciated.

Attachments

• 4062AA87-4D1C-4281-A1F1-FF82B4DBB35E.jpeg
    4062AA87-4D1C-4281-A1F1-FF82B4DBB35E.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 188
Sponsored Links
Looks like a Fordham flush panel.
1. Turn off water.
2. Unscrew larger green knurled nut.
3. Take off lever arm and piston (may be loose white pin, don't lose it).
4. Remove diaphragm washer, and replace. Probably same as centre item, row 4 down onhttps://plumbsparesdirect.com/store/toilet-spares/diaphragm-washer
5. Refit arm and pin, replace and tighten larger green knurled nut.
6. Turn on water, check for leaks.

Thanks very much for your reply.

It’ll maybe become apparent ok, but what does the pin you refer to do?

It is flat mushroom shaped. The head goes inside the green nut and pushed on the diaphragm washer. The other end is pushed by the float arm.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back