Fixing plasterboard to breze block

Thanks for the tip - i will check out the dry fix foam - does this mean i don't need adhesive? if i do - what sort of adhesive would you recommend? also - the insulation richard sugested - can i cut it to fit or do i need to buy the right sized pieces? thanks guys

Sponsored Links
hi there you dont need adhesive you just need the dry fix foam that is the adhesive and you also need a special foam gun it operates at higher pressure than normal expanding foam so you need this higher pressure gun mine cost £20 at my local builders merchants but has paid for itself many times over

where do you get the dry fix from? i have found a similar thing in BandQ but it says for windows and door fixings but doesnt mention plasterboard.

Dry fix foam adhesive;

http://www.ps-tools.com/catalog/everbuild-pink-grip-dry-fix-plasterboard-foam-750ml-p-4915.html

It’s a fairly new development &, personally, I’ve not tried it but would be very wary of using foam fix on anything other than dry lining on a nice flat new build wall. I will definitely be giving it a bit more time on the market before I give it a try; the last thing you want is the boards on the floor in a couple of years time. It’s also quiet expensive & I think you’ll end up using a lot more of it than traditional Drywall adhesive, especially on uneven walls where I suspect it wont be as versatile.

I recommended using cavity insulation bats in your case;
http://www.sigexpress.co.uk/Cavity-Wall-Insulation/Cavity-Wall-System.htm

Where necessary, just cut them to size with a Stanley knife.

Sponsored Links
hi im a joiner general builder and i use to use plasterboard adhesive but i have used this foam on loads of kitchens bathrooms conversions and honestly its brilliant i was a bit wary at first but not any more i can buy the foam in liverpool for £7 a can the manufacturers say it does 5 8by4 sheets of plasterboard but i have only got 4 sheets from a can it may be slightly more expensive than normal adhesive but its so much quicker and less messy i have used it on uneven walls and brickwork and it sticks brilliantly try it and dont think you will go back to mixing adhesive just my opinion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back