Fixing to backer board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to tile my bathroom and will use a proper backer board. I am not sure how to fik things like towel rail, radiator, toilet roll holder, soap dish etc to a tiled surface with a backer board. If I used 12mm ply I'd be confident about fixings but I'd worry about damp so I'd rather use proper tile backing.
How do I fix to it? Should I make sure there is a wooden baton fixed to the wall behind everywhere I will need a fixing?

Sponsored Links
Worry ye not....for lightweight fixtures such as these, you'll get a good fixing through tile using a 6mm plastic wall plug, but for a radiator its wise to plan ahead and have a timber bearer ready to accept a screw.
When you drill your tile, cover the drill mark with masking tape, (prevents drill skid) don't use the drill hammer function and drill really slow with a masonry bit until you've pierced through the tile glaze.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back