Fixings for mounting semi pedastal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just want to be clear what fixings to install the SEMI pedestal part (not the basin) of my sink unit.

IMG_20200612_081529205.jpg

I've got the basin fixing bolts and plastic nut for the sink part, but do I just use multipurpose screws to screw the pedestal part into the wall. I am installing timber behind the plasterboard so it will be screwing into timber behind.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sure, some large gauge screws and preferably with a plastic or rubber cushioning washer would be fine.
As I said, both of my semi's are hooked on, no screws used whatsoever. You couldn't give us a pic of the pedestal against the wall could you - I'm still unclear about this one.
John :)

If it doesn't use sprung hooks, as @Burnerman mentions
th

then I would use standard pan fixing kit if the holes are large enough, you'll get the plastic sleeves and covers.

th

Sponsored Links
The holes are large enough, they are approx 7mm wide.

There are two of them holes zone either side at the top.
It seems as though I just rest the sink into it with no clear grooves... Is this normal?

I'll try the screw method.

I'll get a pic later as I'm not home at the moment

Yeah, usually the holes are an extra and not the primary support for the half pedestal unless they're at the top, the primary would normally be the springs or the bolt through catch/wall fixings.

Yeah, usually the holes are an extra and not the primary support for the half pedestal unless they're at the top, the primary would normally be the springs or the bolt through catch/wall fixings.

The holes are at the top of semi pedestal... One either side.

What would you fix with? Springs?

These semi basins usually come with their own specific fixings. The one's I've seen have hangers that fit onto the bolts that hold the basin on the wall, then the springs hook onto the hangers and into holes cast into the pedestal. The pedestal is just a covering it holds no weight, if anything the basin hold the pedestal.
https://images.victorianplumbing.co.uk/images/pdf/basin_semi_ped_ceramicCAL-SP.pdf

Others have the holes at the top that then are fixed to the wall using the same type of screw bolts and nuts/washers that the basins use.

Cheers for the help

Here is a picture of the exact semi pedestal I've got.

You can see that it must fix by the screws at top of pedestal either side?

Screenshot_20200612-104449.png

It's it's through the top then the standard pan fixing with the caps, again if the holes are large enough, would be the one's I'd use. Again though, it can't carry any weight. It's not designed to carry or level the basin.

Here is a pic of the semi pedestal the scree goes on the outside top fixing, but there is a gap on the inside edge (can be seen top left) - is this for a spring?
15919810692945744086957156703634.jpg
15919810692945744086957156703634.jpg

Yup just avoid overtightening the screw when the plastic cap holder is on it otherwise it can deform/crack and you won't get the chrome covers on. You can get a kit with white covers too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back